Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Firsts Shoot


In June of last year, just in time for my birthday I finally got to shoot my first art project since my stroke. I wanted it to be relaxed and comfortable so I could test my skills and see how I worked under the least amount of pressure. I got my friend Traci to come down for the day and just play. I was very uneasy about being able to shoot again after a two year layoff, my work is an extension of me and my soul. She had some wine to relax after her drive and we talked then she had a new bathing suit to show me. I guess we were both nervous for our own reasons but we took it slow and counted on the years of friendship to see us though. As I got more and more comfortable the old habits took control of me and I started to see her as angels and light..., curves mostly. I got into my rhythm again and pacing and things began to flow. We worked for about two hours in different outfits, shirts and without, we worked on the bed as I had planned and then did some bodyscapes. Here is one of the firsts. As I’ve mentioned before I like to work unscripted, I have an idea what I want to accomplish but I leave it up to the magic to get us there.

1 comment:

Lin said...

What a beautiful lady. I can relate to the "magic" in a shoot. Sometimes it's just great to relax, let the moment take over and see what happens. Often the results are better than the planned shoots :-)