Monday, September 29, 2008

Traci


I first met Traci off the OMP site for models and we really hit it off. I met her and her boyfriend about Christmas time and I remember thinking she was a bit too skinny. She is the sweetest, warmest, fun-loving individual and her beauty is more than skin deep. I was beginning to branch out in my art work and we began to meet more often. She became ill with a blood poisoning that sent her into a tailspin. She lost even more weight and seemed remote to reality though she did try her best to power though it. She’d call sometime in the afternoon and want to talk about nothing in particular but everything in general. We’d talk about her family, politicks, religion and about natural health for hours. Sometime she’d drift off in mid-sentence and instead of rushing in to fill the void I learned to wait and give her a chance to finish her thoughts That was and is a most valuable lesson to learn, it’s one of the tools in my arsenal now. Just wait and let the other person do the talking, no one likes to have a conversational void and many times in not rushing to fill it you can learn valuable detail they didn’t mean to tell you. Anyway her illness took a year to clear and for her to return to good health and we began to talk about shooting again, then I had my stroke. She was a good friend, someone I could now call to relieve my stress when I was in the hospital. I could talk to her and not worry about how I sounded and if I was making sense to her. She and her boyfriend came down to stay at my apartment and bring me some clothes and later she came down to clean my apartment before I returned. That’s my friend Traci, what a pal.

No comments: